Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Fifth and Sixth Day of the Cruise: Gibraltar and our second sea day

 

On our Gibraltar day, I started out with another round of Speedy Sudoku with three other players. I finished first, so I won. :-)

In Gibraltar, we discovered how it feels like England even though it is in Spain. We first spent our time seeking out the kosher bakery where I got to practice my Spanish again. I had heard there are special pastries with cream in Gibraltar so that's what I got. It was pretty good, like a donut filled with a yellow cream with a jelly texture, but I think I would have enjoyed something else more. There seemed to be other options with white cream or meringue that I would have liked even better! We walked to both of the synagogues and Mark chatted real estate with someone who used to live there. Mark did a longer walk up a big hill toward a nature reserve where he saw some of the famous Gibraltar monkeys. 

We found an amazing bakery with WiFi called A Piece of Cake. The cupcakes all looked amazing and it was really hard to decide what to have. Mark chose Aeromint, and I chose Caramel Chunk. Mark had a cappuccino and I got a so-so chai. But most importantly, we loved having the fast WiFi so we stayed there a while. 

When we got back to the ship, I played "word tennis" with a few other passengers at the event called "Word Games." It was fun and a bit harder than I thought it would be. Together we did trivia again, Mark went to the sail away party, we dined together for dinner, then we got to see MOBO again for the show, watch the Marriage Match Game (like the newlywed game but for couples who have been married different amounts of time), and played the 80s trivia. I was annoyed that it was too hard and that I didn't know everything. Oh, well.


For our second sea day, I started again with the Speedy Sudoku. I kept making mistakes and had to try three times! But I finally got it. I was persistent and did not give up, but clearly I did not win!

Probably I should have stayed at the line dancing class which happened before and during the Speedy Sudoku. It was really fun; I was enjoying myself a lot, and it would have been a lot less stressful than needing 3 tries to figure out the sudoku!

I also went to they gym, rode a stationary bike for 10 minutes, and did my usual exercises and some additional stretches on a mat that one of the attendants found for me and wiped down for me.

Then came a huge highlight: two and a half hours of Mah Jongg. I brought my card of course! This was a dining room that was not being used for lunch that was set aside for games. There were three players at the Mah Jongg table all ready to go so I made the fourth! Perfect! I won a bunch of hands and all four of us had at least one Mah Jongg. I even won a singles and pairs hand and a quints hand. Super fun. They were very nice ladies, and we enjoyed chatting about our lives and how much we all love Mah Jongg.

We again enjoyed the buffet lunch, afternoon trivia, dinner in the dining room, two different trivias after dinner (Michael Jackson and Hollywood), and the final show which was called Rock Opera. It was also fantastic. Those singers can really sing! And the production values were very high once again.

It was sad to come to the end of the cruise. We had to pack to get prepared for our next journey. But we will cruise again because it was so much fun!






No comments:

Post a Comment