Monday, April 17, 2023

Third and Fourth Day of Cruise: Ajaccio, Corsica and our first sea day

On the morning of the third day, I was the only participant in the "Speedy Sudoku." As the cruise progressed, the number of participants kept growing. I did get to win the "life-changing prize" of a Princess Cruises coaster. Over the course of the cruise, Mark and I won many coasters, a notebook, and a drawstring "Gucci/Prada" bag. It was fun but the only thing we kept was the drawstring bag for Mark to use around Jerusalem.

On the island of Corsica, we enjoyed a visit to the city of Ajaccio. I did some short meditation sitting on a ledge above a little beach, and we visited the Museum of Napoleon which is located in the house in which he was born. They have a new outdoor market there and I tried a chai tea from the coffee stand but it was mostly milk. (Scroll down past the pictures of Corsica for more words from me.)

 

We had lunch on back on the ship and watched Everything Everywhere All At Once which Mark was very surprised to see available on our stateroom TV. We participated in two trivias and a game show, then saw an amazing group called MOBO on the main stage. MOBO = Music Of Black Origin and the performers were incredible. The three men were from Great Britain and one of them was named Hayden. Mark interacted with Hayden a lot as they were working out together in the weight room and running around the outdoor track. All of the performers on the ship were very talented, and we especially enjoyed this group.

On our full sea day, I participated in the Texas Hold 'Em poker tournament. It was on an electronic table which I did not enjoy. The other players were quite friendly though, so I had a good time anyway. Sadly, I came in 4th (bubble) but I had fun, took an early lead, won a lot of hands, even some big ones, and did not regret spending $60 for a whole morning's worth of playing "cards"! We tried out lunch in the dining room instead of the buffet and really enjoyed the humor of our waiter, Miguel.  We even tried to request him for dinner but his only availability was too late in the evening for us. I learned the merengue with a partner named Janelle. She was great! Later we had the champagne I won with Hazel and Dany who told us about their lives, and we got to talk a little Israeli politics with them too. We played the 70s Music trivia but Mark was unhappy because it was ALL disco and no rock. We did well and had fun, but it would have been better with a wider variety of styles. I stayed again for the game show which was called Liars Club and featured three of the cruise staff, the cruise director and two of the 6 assistant directors. It was really funny, but somewhat goofy. For the entertainment, we saw a show called Spotlight Bar, and I absolutely loved it. So much good music and dancing and singing. I even cried during the modern piece to 7 Years Old. I was very impressed with how professional all of the shows were.


















No comments:

Post a Comment